Saturday, October 4, 2008

Apocalyptica

As some of you know, I'm not just a writer. I also play the violin. There are some days it would seem easier to just give up because I can't get the music down or I get frustrated because my strings are way out of tune. That's where inspiration comes in. This year my school got a new orchestra teacher. I must say, she really knows her stuff. The best thing is, she told me about this band called Apocalyptica. Three cellos and a drummer playing rock... AMAZING!

Apocalyptica is the most kick ass string band I've ever seen! After I first listened to some of their music I had to have it. Unfortunately, I currently only have nine songs. Thanks to the new orchestra teacher I have the sheet music for "Drive."

Anyway, let's get back to Apocalyptica and their awesomeness. They've done covers of Metallica songs and they sound great! One of my current favorites is their song and video for "I Don't Care" featuring Adam Gontier, it is one of the most brilliant songs ever! I can't even describe how awesome their music is! All I have to say is go check it out.

Websites to check out:
http://www.apocalyptica.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/apocalypticavideos?ob=4

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment