Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Vulnerable

What does it mean to be vulnerable? Does it make you weak? Or stronger? It's like taking down every wall you've ever designed and built to keep people out. It's letting someone see you for all that you are, flaws included. I say you feel weak, but I think it makes you stronger. It takes much more strength to let someone in and expose every flaw.
We can only be as strong as our weakest link and by being vulnerable, we're letting someone see that. We're trusting someone enough to know us without judging. It's a huge step, but when it comes to relationships, it makes things easier. It's a better understanding of who each of us really are. I think that it takes a lot to expose your flaws, but if someone can see them and still accept you, than that's the kind of person I want in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment