Tuesday, March 25, 2008

John Lennon

John Lennon. He sang, he painted, he wrote, he played guitar, but that's not why he matters to me. There is much more than his talent. It was his beautiful mind, his ideas, and dreams. John Lennon is my idol; he makes the biggest impact on my own ideas and dreams.
He dreamed of a better tomorrow, no war and only peace. He preached love and said what he felt. I admire his honesty and his bravery to do so. I admire how he spoke out and wanted good. He was never afraid to say anything.
Sure, many hated him, but more loved him. There are plenty of us who admire him to this day. When it comes down to the line, what could have happened if he hadn't been assassinated? Would the world be more peaceful? Would there be more love instead of so much hate? Sadly, we'll never know.
John Lennon is my idol, my role model. He's made me see things in a new way. I want to make a difference like he did. Maybe I can't be as well known as him, but I want to make a difference. I want to stand up for what I think is right. Someday, I will get the chance. "You may say I'm just a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."


Lennon

1 comment: