Saturday, March 15, 2008

Little Minds, Easily Influenced

I babysit, just like many other teenagers. As I babysit, the more I learn about little minds. The most important thing to remember is they are easily influenced. Peers, television, video games, movies, and adults make a huge impact. Sadly, they aren't always good ones. Some little kids will say inappropriate things to get laughs out of their friends. One of the kids I babysit knows a lot of cuss words I know. This is a problem because he is eight and I am fifteen. Peers in any setting, make one of the biggest influences. Some kids find it a necessary to be "cool" and they do stupid things to be "cool." The media has very few good role models anymore. They promote women to look like barbies, that no ordinary girl could be. There are more inappropriate language and scenes that little minds shouldn't see. It makes me sad that society is lowering its expectations for good. I mean really, how sad, people would rather watch violence. Where is the good in that? Little kids are the future. Shouldn't we teach them good morals and not violence?

No comments:

Post a Comment