Tuesday, February 24, 2009

What is Love?

Sure any one can describe it. They can describe the emotions they feel and how it makes them physically feel, but who really knows? I am sixteen and I can not wrap my mind around what love is. I am too young to really know or to be in love.

As a girl I've always wanted to be the princess who is rescued by her loyal, charming prince. I wanted my knight in shining armor to whisk me away on his noble stead into the sunset. I cannot possibly speak for every girl, but I can tell you there are lots of us out there like that. It's not that I don't believe in true love, because I do. It's that I don't think high school is the place I'll find my one true love. I'm not saying that it can't happen, because I know it can, but that it doesn't happen often.

I am a sixteen year old girl. I am a writer, a violinist, a journalist, but I am not an expert on love. I have not really been in love nor do I expect it any time soon. True love can occur, but not usually in high school. It took a lot of thought to finally get myself to believe that. I've always been a bit of an optimist, but recently someone has opened my eyes. I can still be optimistic and still dream of my prince charming. Love is something so complicated I doubt I'll ever completely understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment