Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I'm feeling...

Instead of stating how I feel, I want to convey it through a story. I will not obviously state what it is, though there will be several hints. This will be from my character Carmen's point of view. I hope you can all see it similarly to the way I do. If not, I'd love to hear your responses, so leave comments or contact me otherwise. :)

One cold winter day, I walked home along the creek with Raine by my side. I could still hear the whining and moaning from all of my classmates, who complained about their problems. No one had asked about my issues, they all assumed I wanted to hear their babbling. It's not that I had a lot of issues which begged to be discussed. It's just that I felt lost in all of my thoughts like a child lost in a crowd.
As my thoughts consumed me, I kept walking forward until all I felt was an icy chill run through my body. The water crept up past my shoulders and before I could think my head was covered. I reached for Raine, but there was no hand to grab. I tried to scream for help, but I produced no sound. Raine stood at the surface, searching for me. The murky, cold water kept visibility to a minimum, so I swam towards the light. I surfaced and gasped for air.
"Are you okay? Take my jacket," Raine said as he hurriedly took off his jacket.
"I-I'm okay," I stuttered between teeth chattering.
"What was on your mind and had you so intrigued?" Raine got it. Finally, someone had realized. Before I could utter another word he hugged me. "Tell me about it when we get you inside."

So there it is. Tell me what you think!



No comments:

Post a Comment