Saturday, August 27, 2011

Love Isn't Always What I Thought

When it comes to love, I'm a hopeless romantic. I want nothing more than my very own romance novel story. And maybe I'm too optimistic because I want some perfect love story. Realistically, love is never perfect not even in books. For example, tons of people (myself included) adore Nicholas Sparks' The Notebook. Allie and Noah are so perfect together and you may think their story is a "perfect" love story. I used to think this, too.
It's time to face the fact: Noah and Allie were just about as perfect as any real relationship. They fought, but they were still crazy about each other. Additionally, they faced the hardships of being separated and lied to in order to be kept apart by Allie's parents. Their love, however, is something to strive for. For years, Noah waited (although he tried to move on and failed). Allie moved on, but in the end she chose Noah because he was who really held her heart. Thus, I believe true love prevails. No matter if the couple is fighting or distance separates them, love will win.
Noah best sums a relationship up when he tells Allie, "So it's not gonna be easy. It's going to be really hard: we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me... everyday." And thank you Nicholas Sparks for making me believe in true love.

No comments:

Post a Comment