Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Little Things

Everything seems like such a big deal, life is busy and too often we miss things. You know what I'm talking about, it's those little things that make life that much better. In relationships I don't care about the big romantic gestures, those mean nothing compared to the little things. What is a box of chocolates or a dozen roses compared to a note written just so you know they're thinking of you? I mean it is the thought that counts.... but honestly it means more to me if you just think about me without spending money. But now I've kind of gotten off topic...
Anyway, today I remembered how much nature and music means to me. It took one of my random rants about how much I love them, for that "Ah ha!" moment. So I was talking to my friend Matt and he mentioned writing about storms and I couldn't think of why I haven't. I love them, there's just no other explanation. They're awesome! Nature is amazing and its beautiful, but people just take it for granted. We should protect it and we should pay attention to its beauty. I don't need to get off on a rant about recycling, reducing, and reusing. I'm pretty sure I've probably blogged about that... knowing me. heh...
As for music, it's my life. I can't imagine life without it. Almost all the time I have music playing because it just makes life better. It helps me think, it makes me feel better, it's magical. And I play the violin, that's something I can get passionate about no matter what kind of mood I'm in. It helps with everything.
And this is my rant for tonight. I'm hoping to write a poem and post it soon, so stay tuned! And thanks to everyone who reads! =]

2 comments:

  1. It's the small things that make the big things in life so great (na na na na na na na na na na "Blink-182) in the past, I overlooked the small joys of life only to realize how much I was missing out on. Nowadays, I enjoy the small things because they are equally as great, if not better

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! I think it's a lesson we have to learn the hard way. Or like me... randomly think of. "Ah ha!" moments are the best. =]

    ReplyDelete