Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Pit of Despair

The pit of despair is what I like to call my moments of doubt. The moments I start feeling pessimistic and hopeless. I've never really been a confident person. I would have moments where I really am and then moments where I wasn't not at all. This year I've been working on it. Gaining more confidence, more of the time was my new year's resolution.
I didn't write this to brag about how much progress I feel I've made. I thought that maybe if I share my experience with the pit of despair that it would help somebody else. It's a sorrowful place to be. You feel like everything is going wrong, you're not sure how to reach that radiating sunshine at the top. Sometimes you know you need to climb back up, sometimes a friend is throwing you a rope and pulling you back up, and sometimes you're in so deep that you don't even want to worry about the sunlight. I know how that is, but once you get back in the warm sun, it makes it much easier to keep climbing up and less likely to fall back in.
The important part is being optimistic. Don't be so optimistic that you think you'll fly right out of the pit, because that'll lead to disappointment. If you're realistically optimisitic (that sure is a mouthful) it keeps your chin up without keeping your head so far in the clouds you're lost. Don't think too much about the pit and try to avoid it. The sunshine truly is better.
sun. Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment