Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Where's home again?

It took me staying out of my house for six days to realize that home is always home. I mean that no matter how far I stray or how long I'm away, I can go home and feel safe. I believe it's true that home is where the heart is. Home is about being around people who love you and feeling protected. I know that no matter how bad things can get, there is always one place to go.
As a teenager all I can think about is getting out on my own and being independent, and this six days has given me a taste of that. When I get out into the big, bad world I will remember my where I came from and be thankful that I have somewhere my heart belongs. In seeking my independence, I may find that somewhere else is where I should be, but for now my home is where I've grown up. Understanding and appreciating your roots is a building block of gaining independence, and I'm glad I've learned this early on.

No comments:

Post a Comment